2002 Season. . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . .my intro to racing write up
This page was made as a season placeholder for 2002. Since it's made in 2004, I don't remember much about the 2002 season other than it really was a good memory. I started off riding the Aprilia RS250 well and looking forward to improving and trying to fight for race wins and better position in the Aprilia Class.
As it turned out, I had to borrow Scott Cleff's SV650 to win my first race. And Steve Moonitz was there at the end keeping me honest. Only some lucky placing of traffic helped to give me breathing room in that battle. 2002 was also the first year of the big Toyota 200 race weekend (in September), which made most of our races happen on Saturday instead of Sunday. That was a neat weekend.
I left 2002 in good spirits and looking forward to 2003.
Chris & Zina:
click link for write up
. . . . . . . . . . . .
- WSMC the safest roadrace organization in the US
- California Race Services Sellers of Bridgestone, Pirelli, and Metzeler race tires.
- 250cc GP Slick the Bridgestone race tires we use.
- Wood-Ease hand cleaners work very well! They were kind enough to put dispensers at the track.
- Mototek an Aprilia dealer with many parts in stock!
- Sport Tire Services for racing Dunlop tires in the SouthWest